What our Drones can do to help
DRONES in Oil and Gas Industry: 6 areas to make a difference.
In the Oil and Gas industry, critical functions are:
- ASSET MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING TO ASSESS PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE
- environmental and safety compliance
- overall integrity and other factors.
While the needs are straightforward, the complexities, risks and scale involved are immense:
- pipelines span thousands of miles
- manufacturing facilities offer potential exposure to hazardous chemicals
- and production platforms are often remote, for example, in deep water and arctic environments.
Maintenance, integrity and surveillance activities are costly to plan and execute, and must be done routinely to avoid leaks, production outages and unplanned shutdowns.
UAVs offer an attractive complement to conventional approaches to facility management, there are even greater untapped opportunities for cost savings through activities such as
- automated data gathering
- automated maintenance, integrity and surveillance workflow
- and data analysis to generate predictive insights on facilities.
These insights can be used to drive operational decisions and improve business processes, such as:
- shortening lead time to problem detection or
- predictive maintenance in industries with field force operations.