DRONES IN LIVESTOCK MONITORING
One of the most efficient ways in which to monitor game is via wildlife drones. These small unmanned aerial systems (sUASs), also known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), have a number of advantages for gamekeepers:
- Drone wildlife monitoring allows you to cover larger areas, and enables quick and efficient monitoring of wildlife
- They provide GPS location and visual information to aid in wildlife inspection
- They have a low noise footprint which does not scare the animals
- Conservation drones can be equipped with different types of cameras and sensors, including thermal, providing complete and accurate information
- UAV animal tracking allows for the surveillance of large spaces, even during the night
- UAVs can gather footage and compare the results over time, allowing trends and patterns to be identified
Drones are becoming a popular choice for conservation purposes as they enable gamekeepers to watch out for poachers, keep tabs on the wildlife, monitor the size of the wildlife population, and protect the landscape. In fact, a UAV wildlife survey is often much more effective than those carried out on the ground by conservationists.
Rhino poaching numbers have escalated in recent years as the demand for rhino horn in China and Vietnam continues, and various methods have been trialled in a bid to combat poaching. Hidden cameras, GPS tracking, satellite imagery, predictive analysis, and hidden cameras have all been used by gamekeepers, but the method that consistently has the best results is the use of drones.
AIRBORNE UAV PLATFORMS
At Airborne Drones we recommend the AIRBORNE Solution, which features thermal and 10x optical zoom sensors for wildlife and game monitoring applications.
Airborne Drones specialise in the design, manufacture, and marketing of long-range, industrial strength, commercial use sUAVs, reaching between 12Km for the Falcon and 35kms for the Vanguard, and capable of carrying payloads we heave designed for our systems. Long-range drone products have the potential to bring huge benefits for a variety of industries, including conservation, commerce, and business. Individual solutions can be developed to meet your specific requirements; and services include support and training during implementation, as well as post-implementation.
At Airborne Drones we service an international base of clients, ranging from South Africa to the UAE. Our clients come from a variety of different industries, including: Marketing, Real Estate, Electrical installations, Security, Game farms, Wildlife management, Agriculture, Telecommunications, Travel and tourism, Satellite electronics, Wind farms, Sheet metal manufacturing, Industrial Rope Access, Environmental Affairs, Restaurant and Food, and Military Applications.